[PLUG] Postfix ESMTP authentication

Chris Healy galamar at creative-designs-ltd.com
Tue Nov 4 16:31:02 UTC 2003

> From: Russ Johnson
>
> * Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> [2003-11-04 12:32]:
> > The problem is that I can't send mail outside the local domain from
> > remote locations.
>
> And that's how it is, by design. To do something else would be to make
> yourself a relay. (Stand by for more.)

You can tell Postfix to only relay for specific accounts.

A Snippit from one of my own main.cf files:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions  =
            permit_mynetworks
            check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
            check_relay_domains

It would need modifying for the MySQL interactivity of course, but I
would look here.  That's about all that comes to mind at moment.

-- Chris Healy