[PLUG] ntfs write

Karol Kulaga root at loraksus.org
Tue Nov 4 19:14:02 UTC 2003

Can someone give me a general idea about how stable is NTFS writing under
linux?
I know that it is "experimental" and that people have gotten it working, but
does it generally work, or will it have me coughing up blood from newly
formed ulcers 2 weeks from now?
I have ~300GB of data on a couple NTFS partitions, and if I use the joy that
is Partition Magic, I'm fairly certain I will be getting an ulcer or two
anyways if I convert those drives to fat32 or something else.
I do need to have that data with RW access, and although the data isn't
critical, I would be plenty pissed if I lost it. Backups? Well

Any other options?

Oh, and if anyone has a "top ten stupid things people do while trying to
write to NTFS" list, I would appreciate that too.
Thanks