[PLUG] Redhat changes, fedora

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Nov 4 20:08:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 19:58, Josh Orchard wrote:

> With todays huge displays you still use 80 charaters?  OUCH!
>
> But okay.  I can shrink mine.  But seems a bit backwards if you ask me.

I still do.

I use a laptop most of the time.

My other monitor is but a 17" running at 1152x864.

My 'rescue' monitor is a 14" running at 800x600.

My 'rescue' laptop has a 12" display running at 800x600.

On my laptop (14" - 1024x768), I leave my mail client un-maximized.  I
couldn't get used to ratpoison.  This way I can look at many things at
once - gkrellm, gaim, my current IM, maybe a terminal or three.  If I
maximize my mail client that doesnt' work.  :-\

As such, for mail (and usenet - minus HTML) I really prefer HTML or line
wrapping at 72 characters.  I think most other folks do, too.

Rob