[PLUG] web dev question

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Wed Nov 5 10:26:02 UTC 2003

Thus spoke Matt Alexander, on Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:29:35 -0800 (PST):

> Yes, GET was most likely the problem.  How would I submit my
> Javascript variable using POST instead?  Doing a regular POST form
> submit would be a PITA because of the way my HTML tables are
> dynamically generated...

Let's see, your GET problem had to do with submitting the form all at once, with the normal submit button, I thought.  If it's that we're discussing, I'm not sure why your tables would matter.  You just want to keep the <form> tags outside of the tables, and use method=post.  But I'm probably missing something.

If you want to use JavaScript, the form.submit method should work--again using method=post in your form tags--as Mr. Orchard mentioned (though you might better put quotes around the URL after "v_form.action = ").

--Jason Van Cleve