[PLUG] Hi and I have a wireless networking question

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Nov 5 11:50:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Geoff Freeman wrote:

> I'm pretty new to using linux, but have decided that I would really
> like to get my feet under me with OSS.

Good decision! :-)

> I'm using Red Hat Linux Version 8 on my old laptop, and still don't
> quite have a good handle on the whole linux thing.  I would like to
> get a wireless networking card for my laptop, however, so I can
> experiment with my laptop in the living room while my girlfriend
> watches RealityTV. Could someone please suggest a good wireless card
> for a linux laptop?

I was down in California just last week and belately decided to take a
laptop with me. I stuck a stray Lucent Orinoco Silver card into the
bag on my way out the door.

Red Hat 9 had no trouble at all with it. I can provide more explicit
instructions if need be, but the Orinoco Silver card works great.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>