[PLUG] Hi and I have a wireless networking question

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Nov 5 12:22:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 11:10, Geoff Freeman wrote:

> Could someone please suggest a good wireless card for a linux laptop?

I really like my Atmel based card.  It's a Belkin card.

The Atmel chips, for whatever reason, tend to provide slightly better
range than you'll get with other chipsets.

The drivers aren't included with the 2.4.x kernels, though, you have to
go grab them from either SourceForge or Berlios, depending on the
version you want.  The SF drivers tend to be better for PCMCIA cards,
though.

OR, you can upgrade to 2.6.0-testX, where drivers are included, so you
just need to grab the firmware.

OR, just go get a different card.  I think most, these days, do have
Linux support in some fashion or another.  :-)

Rob