[PLUG] Hi and I have a wireless networking question

Fedor Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Wed Nov 5 12:50:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Geoff Freeman wrote:
> Could someone please suggest a good wireless card for a linux laptop?
Any Prism2 card is supported.
Linux-wlan-ng seems to be the most actively developed now, you can
download it from here, and check their hardware list:
http://www.linux-wlan.org/
Most distributions package the wavelan driver:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Wavelan.html
which supports Prism as well. Also part of the regular kernel is the
Orinoco driver. RH9 should recognize Prism and Orinoco based cards and
just load the correct driver.

This being said, I use Netgear wireless card, which RH 8 used to handle
wth wavelan driver, but RH9 after upgrade decided to load orinoco_cs
driver, and it also works (may be they merged them in the recent kernel, I
don't know).

--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857