[PLUG] what file format is evolution's addressbook.db

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Thu Nov 6 00:34:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 19:45, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Unless you're some kind of BerkeleyDB guru, there are two known ways to export
> contacts from the Evolution address book:
>
> 1. Save them as Vcards. Which you can then open in another program that lets
> you do what you want with them, if it supports Vcards

Smashing. I selected a few hundred contacts and then told evolution to
send them as vcards, which it did in one big file. I get a fixed length
columnar output from this. Import into word processor, convert to table
specifying number of columns as the number of lined entries, and viola,
a spreadsheet.

> 2. Import your addressbook into Netscape, then use Netscape's features to do
> stuff.

Mozilla won't do, and I wasn't willing to put Netscape on just for
this...

> Not the best answers, but as far as I know that's about it.

the best answers are the ones that are workable. As far as I can tell,
they'd both work.