[PLUG] Winders Security Software Recommendations

Chris Healy galamar at creative-designs-ltd.com
Thu Nov 6 01:45:02 UTC 2003

> From: Mike De La Mater
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:44, Jason Van Cleve wrote:
> > What are the going recommendations for firewall software and
> > virus software, on Windoze boxen.

> ZoneAlarm does a pretty good job

Zone Alarm is the one I recommend all the time.  Assuming I can't
convince them to get an old 386 for next to (if not) nothing and put a
small Linux on it ;)

> I'm very happy with the Symantec product, either SystemWorks
> or just the antivirus,

I agree here, Norton is about the best in both stability and
compatability. I've heard more horror stories about McAfre and PC-Cilin
then I could possibly remember.

-- Chris HEaly