[PLUG] Fedora Core 1 CDROMs

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Nov 6 10:16:02 UTC 2003

Fedora Core 1 is out.  This is the equivalent of RedHat 10.  I
downloaded it last night, and I will try loading it onto two machines
today.  Note, it took hours to find an open FTP site, and that was
BEFORE the release was publically announced.

I have the 6 images (3 binary 3 source), about 4GB, and although I
cannot serve them from my machine, I can probably get them uploaded
to an open FTP site if anyone here has blazing outbound bandwidth
and can tell me how to upload, and others how to download.

I plan to bring about 6-8 sets of Installs and Sources with me to the
meeting tonight.  I expect there will be a LOT of people wanting them,
so here's the deal - with the indulgence of the group, I would like
to dutch auction them, with the proceeds going to Linuxfund.  I hope
the price goes astronomical, and for those of you who can't afford
that, go in with a friend or three, locate a CDROM burner and make
more sets; then sell *those* to recoup your investment.  I may reserve
a set or two for schools or good download sites.

I'm jazzed.  Redhat/Fedora may not be your flavor of distro, but I
think "exponential distribution" like we will be doing will blow the
doors off the Microsoft retail linear distribution.  Let's see how
fast we can spread this sucker around the world!  Even if it is not
your favorite Debian/Slackware/Suse/Gentoo/other, demonstrating the
awesome power of sharing would be Really Cool!

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993