[PLUG] Boot screen decoration

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 6 20:06:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Are you booting with GRUB? Look for something like this in grub.conf:
> splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

Carla,

  I discovered that one this morning.

> Then all you need is to find the image you want displayed, and edit GRUB
> accordingly.

  When I commented it out and rebooted all that splash screen does is
provide a background for the grub screen. The one to which I refer comes up
after the kernel to boot is selected and grub starts the init process in
motion.

Many thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President