[PLUG] Fedora Core 1 CDROMs

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat Nov 8 14:11:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 14:00, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> I just read that bittorrent intentionally throttles users who do not
> upload

When I downloaded the Slackware 9.0 ISOs, I was pulling 50KB/sec, which
is decent for my DSL connection.

I was allowing an upload of 1-3KB/sec, depending on the time of day.  I
don't think I was getting throttled too badly.  :-)

After the download finished, when nobody was using the Internet
(Midnight-6AM, I'd say), I let it go, full speed ahead, until my upload
count was twice the amount I had downloaded... to make me feel like less
of a leech. :-)

I think you can throttle back the upload speeds quite effectively
without risk of being throttled back yourself.

Rob