[PLUG] homegrown WAP

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 11 19:03:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Funny you should ask. Of course home is my test lab, but I'll be doing
> installations in interesting places, like barns and tractor sheds. And
> small businesses, which are often steel buildings with wood/drywall
> interiors. Maybe that will add security, by trapping signals inside? :)

  Tractors will probably bounce the signal rather unpredictably. Be sure to
test the cows and sheep, too. They may block the signal by absorbing it. It
would be rather clever of you to come up with a way for a cow to signal to
the farmer in his house that she's ready to calve or that he's late for the
milking. You may need one of them thar fancy Microsoft keyboards for the
cows to use.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)