[PLUG] Enclousures and power

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Nov 12 10:39:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> If you honestly believe by replying, when you know nothing, and are
> completely wrong, is good for the original questioner, then you are
> insane or mentally incompetent. There really isn't any grey area there.

Oh sure there is.  In fact, I think there is a fully analog spectrum of
"grey area" between insane and mentally incompetent.

> > I should have never reenrolled on this list
> I, and many people agree.

Now, Zot, you can only truly speak for yourself.

I mean, I personally haven't been HURT by Michael's re-enrollment (though
it's nice to have all of his semi-technical jibber-jabber off the
plug-talk list, which is where it went when he unsubbed plug), but my
roommate and I laughed our asses off at his homophobia and paranoid
delusions of sexual allure.  While these things aren't FUNNY in the sense
that they should be encouraged or bring joy, they are funny in their
absurdity and ability to inspire train-wreck awe.

Come to think of it, his technical posts are kind of like that, too.

But anyway, I know I made some comments to you about his posts and my
feelings toward them, but I hope you didn't interpret that to mean that I
thought he should not be on the list.  I think we need to be as open as
possible.

I DID mean for you to interpret that he should not be out of therapy or
off his meds, however.

> > but I have to say I question
> > if it's worth trying or if I should just move on.
>
> Its not. Move on.

Ouch.

It's all in good fun, isn't it?
J.