[PLUG] homegrown WAP

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Wed Nov 12 11:54:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 11:45, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:
> I have one of these Linksys units. It's too bad non of of the iptable
> functionality is exposed in their simplistic web interface. Had I known
> at the time I bought the Linksys unit that it had Linux and other
> GPL'ed code in it and that Linksys/Cisco was violating the GPL I'd of
> looked for a different unit. After I read the first article on this I
> ran "nmap" and it identifies my WIFI AP as a Linux system:

It appears that Linksys/Cisco is now in compliance with the GPL and some
people have even started building new firmware downloads. It will be
interesting to see how long the life of this hardware is, many of these
designs tend to get replaced after a very short while.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto