[PLUG] homegrown WAP

Aaron Burt aaron at speakeasy.org
Wed Nov 12 15:08:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, AthlonRob wrote:
> > Something I didn't see mentioned was concrete.  It seems six inches of
> > concrete might as well be two feet of lead when you're dealing with
> > WiFi.
>
> Well, sure, but that's just because it'll drain your batteries.  Just ask
> any expert.

Hjarf!

Which leads me to ask, how bad are cinderblock walls for WiFi?  I'm
considering moving into a slab 'n' cinderblock 4-plex and hoping I might
be able to share a connection with a neighbor or two.  Heck, even dialup's
expensive when you gotta get a phone line to use it.

--
Most people can't kill one bird with TWO stones.
  -- Barry R. Reef