[PLUG] Module loading in 2.6.0-test9 kernel?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 12 15:55:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:47:11PM -0800, Alex Daniloff wrote:
[...]
> 3. I can't load any modules using modprobe in 2.6 kernel
>
> Could somebody tell me please if new 2.6 kernel is using different module
> And why module files extentions are ".ko" instead of ".o"?

Yes, the 2.6.x kernels use a new module_init package.  Read about it
with the kernel documentation in Documentation/Changes.

Brian

--
We are solar powered; we are powered by the Son.  -- Doug Rowse, 2003

If God were small enough to fit into my head He wouldn't be big enough
to worship.  -- Brett Meador, 2002