[PLUG] Monitor Display help

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 12 16:28:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:05:32PM -0800, josh rosenbaum wrote:
> I'd be willing to be your refresh rate or screen resolution is set too high
> for the new monitor under X (most likely the refresh rate).  I'm not sure
> how you'd go about changing that.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

If it is the refresh the way to fix it would be with VertRefresh in
/etc/X11/XF86Config.  Read your monitor docs and find out what the
VertRefresh rate is and the HorizSync rate is as well.  Set them and
hopefully it'll work.

Brian

--
We are solar powered; we are powered by the Son.  -- Doug Rowse, 2003

If God were small enough to fit into my head He wouldn't be big enough
to worship.  -- Brett Meador, 2002