[PLUG] floppy disks @#$!!

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 13 10:37:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 10:17, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Is there some trick to using floppy disks on Linux? Or are floppy disks,
> in general, just poo? I'm trying to save docs from Open Office on
> floppy disks, and the darn things fail as often as they work.
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Carla Schroder
> www.tuxcomputing.com
> this message brought to you
> by Libranet 2.8 and Kmail
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's easy to pull the floppy cable just slighty off it's
controller producing a lot of errors that might give the
impression all your disks are bad seeing the drive light
come on and go off.

Another thing to remember is that floppies need to be
unmounted before popping them out.  The mtools package
is helpful for working with dos disks.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies