[PLUG] System V/88 networking

Jeff Blain Jeff at Blain.org
Thu Nov 13 16:54:02 UTC 2003

How do I setup networking on a System V/88 Unix system running on a
Motorola Series 900?

Here is a pic of a similar box to what I have.

www.openbsd.org/images/mvme187-4.jpg

There are 2 ethernet connections on the back. One is standard rj-45 the
other AUI. I have run ifconfig -a and it returns nothing at all, net
even lo0. I also can't ping 127.0.0.1 so it doesn't even seem that
networking is even running at all.

I have also ran through the sysadm menu. I was kind of confused on it,
But I went through and messed with basic network setting... rebooted,
but still no network.

If anyone has a clue bat, please throw it at me.

Also, when I plug the ethernet onto a switch, the switch light shows a
connection, as well as the ethernet light on the front of the motorola
light up.

Jeff