[PLUG] Linux CD Burning software

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 14 16:11:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, AthlonRob wrote:

> cdrecord -scanbus won't work with 2.6.  2.6's IDE-SCSI emulation isn't
> quite right, but that's ok, since we have no use for it any more.  CD
> recording works properly with 2.6, no need for the IDE-SCSI emulation.  I
> think you just say cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc or whatever.

Rob,

  I don't think the problem is with cdrecord. When I tried running xcdroast
and scsi emulation was not available in the kernel, xcdroast could not find
the ATAPI cdrom drive with the _source_ cdrom from which to run mkisofs.

  The burning (with cdrecord) is on the scsi-bus cd-rw drive. That has no
problems.

  Interestingly, mkisofs from the command line has no problem seeing the
ATAPI cdrom drive, but xcdroast does. Shrug.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/