[PLUG] MRTG (or equivalent) on a linux based router

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Nov 16 09:49:01 UTC 2003

I am looking for advice/direction on how to set up traffic monitoring
graphs for a multi-interface linux box.  There are three ethernet
interfaces and an 802.11b card in the box, and one of the ethernet
interfaces has multiple IP's assigned.  I basically want to be able to
track bytes passed in/out of each IP.

What is the easiest way to do this.  SNMP is often mentioned, but: a)
I have no experience with it; and b) everything is local so I am not
sure I need it and since I don't know about it I rather not install it
if I don't have to.  Help?  Pointers?  Example configs?

seniorr at aracnet.com