[PLUG] Getting email that isn't addressed to me, it's really weird...

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sun Nov 16 10:47:02 UTC 2003

I'm getting a lot of spam that isn't even addressed to me...  Anyone
else experiencing this?  I've stopped bouncing off of my server and
redirected to a mailbox I can look at with pine.  My hard drive was
running all day and I got sick and tired of that.  My spam is at
somewhere around 70% or higher on average.

Has anyone tried locked addresses on all but one email address that
isn't a standard alias, then give out the special address to send an
email to to trusted friends?  This way I don't have to keep lists of
what to deny, just what to accept.  I would retain the ability to have
someone send me their email address via email so I can learn what it
is.  We should have gone to no content accepted until you are
trusted systems a long time ago only accepting headers with null
bodies.  I don't think a header can be more than offensive, I've
yet to see a header alone be a virus or worm.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies
PCC March 2003.