[PLUG] Getting email that isn't addressed to me, it's really weird...

Chris Jantzen chris-plug at maybe.net
Sun Nov 16 15:37:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:28:43PM -0800, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> outlook message.  If somethings malformed like this, I
> would like to strip out where it came from and have the
> rest trashed without ever having to look at it.  Taking
> this address, I have Postfix block it for a week?  If
> the address is reabused n times I keep it blocked
> permanently?  How can the potential spam be mined

Never block based solely on the From: address. If we did this, I could
go around spamming thousands of people as "Michael C. Robinson" and
suddenly you couldn't send email to anybody. Something like Razor
(http://razor.sf.net/) is better for this kind of thing. (And
spamassassin will work together with Razor, given that it's all
configured correctly.)

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_