[PLUG] Increasing a hardware RAID size and growing a Linux filesystem

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Nov 18 10:16:02 UTC 2003

* Aaron Burt <aaron at speakeasy.org> [2003-11-18 09:55]:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 09:34:47PM -0800, Matt Alexander wrote:
> > I would like to add a few additional disks to an existing harware RAID
> > array.  The Adaptec controller should handle this fine for me,
>
> Wow.  I've never seen a RAID controller that'll add discs to an existing
> array without destroying the data.

You should investigate RAID5 on Solaris. It's specifically set up to
allow for this. As well as hot spares, and cold spares.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #6 (Collect all 22)
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is still my own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe