[PLUG] FS to handle large files?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Nov 18 18:24:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:40, Alex Daniloff wrote:

> Could somebody tell me please which FS
> handles large system/DB files better?
> Ext3, XFS, ResiserFS or other?

Last I heard, XFS and Reiser were the ones to go with if you are dealing
with a database, one being faster for many small files, the other being
faster for few large files - I *think* it was Reiser being faster for
large files and XFS being faster for small files....

But, that was a while ago I read that...

Google probably knows more than I on the subject.  Look for some
comparison articles or something, like on Linux websites.

Rob