[PLUG] Re: vmware special? offer

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Nov 18 20:55:02 UTC 2003

David> information was up to date.  Guess what?  We had been
David> completely removed from the SSC site and replaced by the pdxLUG
David> group!!!  This is despite of fact, that we were a founding and
David> dues paying (ok - trivial amount) member of GLUE.

So has anyone ever had a nice cup of coffee with the PDXLUG people to
work this whole name thing out?  I recall that back in July something
like that was proposed.

They are currently saying:

  ``We've had many people ask why another group spawned from PLUG. The
    main reason is because we wanted a more informal gathering with a
    smaller group of people. [...]''

Now, if that is true, why choose an all-encompassing name like
"Portland Linux User Group"?  Ignoring for a moment the fact that
their mailing list is mostly moribund, isn't a name like that apt to
attract people in droves?  Is this, indeed, declaring victory on the
basis of whatever situation is prevailing? ("we _WANT_ a smaller
group!")

King says:

  ``hahahahahaha you suck''

How pleasant.