[PLUG] iptables Config' File

Sasha Romanosky sasha_romanosky at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 19:37:02 UTC 2003

Jason,

fwiw, I have an /etc/iptables that is a script beginning with
	#!/bin/sh
	/sbin/iptables bla bla bla
and ending with
	/etc/init.d/iptables save

So on startup, it loads the formatted config. This also seemed like an
easy way to update/test new configs just by running the script as
necessary.

The formatted config file seemed weird to me - a noticable difference
from ipchains - so this was my quick fix. It should also make for a
maintainable a portable configuration.

hope this helps,
sasha