[PLUG] Another topic: the PLUG FAQ

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Nov 20 01:19:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Theobald <kevintheobald at vzavenue.net> writes:

Kevin> [...] and ran across the FAQ.  As I read the general stuff
Kevin> on Linux, I had the impression that a newbie knowing nothing
Kevin> about Linux would get the idea that Linux is all the work of
Kevin> the GNU project, [...]

Linux per se is just the kernel.  What you call the whole system is a
matter of taste and perspective.  I personally appreciate the GNU
vision and think it is important that people have a chance to learn
about it.  Calling it GNU/Linux can help with that.  Calling it just
GNU is as valid as calling it just Linux.

If you are wanting to correct factual errors, section 1 is the least
of the problems.  Patches are, no doubt, welcome.

seniorr at aracnet.com