[PLUG] forcing 100 Mbps full duplex connectivity

Sean Whitney sean at fork.com
Thu Nov 20 20:13:02 UTC 2003

That's a load of crap as far as I'm concerned I don't think any network
driver negiotiate's it interface speed based on it's "requirements"

But the common wisedom with Linux is not to force it's duplex setting.
I haven't had any good experiences forcing duplex.

However speed you should be able to set.  Try mii-diag or mii-tool to
change the speed.  Or it might be a lilo boot setting.

Sean