[PLUG] Linux vs GNU Linux

Chris Jantzen chris-plug at maybe.net
Fri Nov 21 09:07:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:02:09AM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> RMS and the GNU crowd did and do wonderful things.  Build them marble
> monuments in the park, not verbal timewasters in sentences.

It's not so much hero worship as it is the fact that GNU software
comprises a far higher percentage of your typical Linux installation
than the kernel itself. ls, rm, cat, find, test, grep, etc, etc, etc.
Without GNU you wouldn't have much of an OS. Or I guess you'd resort to
being BSD.

--
chris kb7rnl =->