[PLUG] There's no place like home

Rasmussen, Michael Michael.Rasmussen at columbiamanagement.com
Fri Nov 21 10:49:01 UTC 2003

Finally reading the article.  IMHO best quote:

   Critics of Open Source software often point to the lack of product
liability.
   Garden Grove chooses instead to focus on how robust and stable Open
Source has
   been, thus negating the need to hold anyone liable.

Second best:

   The less obvious benefit is a reduction of time cutting through red tape.
With
   Open Source, staff spends no time writing RFPs, holding bids, evaluating
vendors,
   seeking management or council approval for funding, or exhaustively
researching
   competing commercial products. Researching an Open Source product, by
comparison,
   is simple: Just download it and use it.

--
  Michael Rasmussen, Infrastructure Engineer
  Columbia Management Company, Portland, Oregon