[PLUG] Getting an smc ez-connect wireless card working...

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 21 11:43:02 UTC 2003

I tried probe under Redhat 7.3 but I can't seem
to get the pci to pcmcia adapter to detect.  I'm
wondering if there is a special driver for SMC's
adapter.  I thought practically any pci to pcmcia
adapter worked under Linux.  On google it looks
like Redhat 7.3 can run the pc card, but there
was no info on the adaptor it plugs into.

These are the markings that are on the pci to pcmcia
adapter card:

PLX Technology
PCI9052 S 0052 T2B BR2129.1 TAIWAN

I believe the adapter says revision 2 on it too.

Is there any probe I can do that would be more
helpful?  If the pcmcia adapter is standard I
want to at least get it working.  I can throw
a prism or orinoco card in a standard adapter
that will take an external antenna.  I have
some large folgers coffee cans saved to make
two antennas out of.

If I can get this card working I can find out
about the wireless utilities and the install
procedure before getting into acquiring some
prism or Ornioco cards, low loss cable, etc.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies
PCC March 2003.