[PLUG] There's no place like home

Aaron Burt aaron at speakeasy.org
Fri Nov 21 14:27:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:52:10PM -0500, Rasmussen, Michael wrote:
> Finally reading the article.  IMHO best quote:
>
>    Critics of Open Source software often point to the lack of product
>    liability.  Garden Grove chooses instead to focus on how robust and
>    stable Open Source has been, thus negating the need to hold anyone
>    liable.

Heh.  That's rather more polite than noting that OSS' product liability
and indemnification are just as nonexistent as The Competing Brand's.

>   Michael Rasmussen, Infrastructure Engineer

Cool (if vague) title.
Last boss had our cards printed with, "Member of the Technical Staff".
We fixed that after he was deposed, but shortly before I was laid off.
Since I took care of HVAC, alarm, building access, routers, T1s, phones,
wiring, receiving, repairs, new hardware installs, desktops *and* any
sysadmin stuff left over from the others, I wish I'd had your job title.