[PLUG] printing info pages

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 21 17:53:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:

> Anyone know a good way to print info pages from a text console? In a
> browser like Konqueror, it's easy and they look nice. But I'm trying to
> figure out how print specific pages, rather than an entire voluminous info
> doc, and format them nicely. For example:

Carla,

  I haven't tried it, but I'll bet that enscript will do it for you. Just
off the top of my balding head, I would think that:

	man <whatever> | enscript ...

NAME
       enscript - convert text files to PostScript

SYNOPSIS
       enscript  [-12BcgGhjkKlmOqrRvVzZ]  [-#  copies] [-a pages]
       [-A align] [-b header] [-C[start_line]] [-d  printer]  [-D
       key[:value]]   [-e[char]]   [-E[lang]]   [-f   font]   [-F
       header_font] [-H[num]] [-i indent] [-I filter] [-J  title]
       [-L  lines_per_page]  [-M  media] [-n copies] [-N newline]
       [-o outputfile] [-o -] [-p outputfile] [-p -] [-P printer]
       [-s baselineskip] [-S key[:value]] [-t title] [-T tabsize]
       [-u[text]] [-U num] [-W language] [-X encoding]  [filename
       ...]

DESCRIPTION
       Enscript converts text files to PostScript and spools gen-
       erated PostScript  output  to  the  specified  printer  or
       leaves  it to file.  If no input files are given, enscript
       processes standard input.  Enscript  can  be  extended  to
       handle  different  output  media  and  it has many options
       which can be used to customize printouts.

  I'm certain that if I'm wrong, someone(s) will set me right. :-)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>