[PLUG] Multithreading

Chris Jantzen chris-plug at maybe.net
Sat Nov 22 00:27:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 12:19:02AM -0800, Chris Jantzen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:35:17PM -0800, Kevin Theobald wrote:
> > Chris Jantzen writes:
> >
> >  > Multi Threading, SMT, or Intel's marketing "HT" changes this a bit.
> >
> > HT is just Intel's implementation of what is called "Simultaneous
> > Multithreading" in the academic literature.  The idea is to put two

Although, personally I prefer TLP, or Thread Level Paralellism, which
stands in nice contrast to ILP, Instruction Level Paralellism. Thus
suggesting that it's only a difference of scope, will illustrating that
it's on-die. This terminology is seen in some literature, although most
modern literature has adopted SMT. 'Tis a shame. :-) :-)

--
chris kb7rnl =->