[PLUG] mkisofs with long file names???

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat Nov 22 12:13:25 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 11:58, Brian Quade wrote:
> Is there a parameter that will make mkisofs use long file names instead
> of truncating them?  I can not find any documentation about how to do
> that, if it is possible at all.  Does anyone know?

Yeah... I know Pat V uses them in the Slackware ISO building
instructions.  They give the command:
mkisofs -o /tmp/slackware.iso -R -J -V "Slackware Install" \
-hide-rr-moved -v -d -N -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table
... minus the isolinux and -x switches.  So it'll likely either be the
R, J, V, v, d, or N flag.  Google probably knows which one, for sure.
As does the man page.  You did read man mkisofs, right?

Rob