[PLUG] House Passed the Anti-Spam Bill

Holger Stephan holger at selover.net
Sun Nov 23 06:51:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 20:52, Grish wrote:
> Blatently stolen from a posting on slashdot:
>
> Here's what's going to happen after February 21:
>
> ~    * You're going to get tons of spam, and from major companies. This
> ~      becomes legal, even in states where it used to be illegal.
> ~    * The headers will be correct. There are penalties for forging
> ~      headers.

When the headers are correct what keeps the receiving MTA from rejecting
spam? Seems to me as soon as advertisers identify themselves at delivery
the technology to reject them at the door step will be made available to
the public pretty fast. Currently it is limited to those who have the
expertise and time to set up something like MIMEDefang.

- Holger