[PLUG] House Passed the Anti-Spam Bill

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Sun Nov 23 22:29:01 UTC 2003

Quoth Jeme A Brelin, on Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:37:47 -0800 (PST):

> I'm just suggesting that we set up a forum where that sort of talk can
> be discussed at great length, since it seems to be of primary concern
> to this minority.

Well, if such is your intent, then point taken.  But you understand, that spam bill just made the news again, being very close to passing; so I think some tolerance on the subject is in order, whatever your interest in it.

As for the separate list, I'll reiterate what others have said:  not a bad idea, but I'm afraid it wouldn't work.  We already have at least a dozen plug-* lists, but only PLUG itself gets any real traffic.  (I've posted questions/suggestions on plug-web recently, but no one's reading, so no one has replied.)  PLUG has readers, and that means an audience to many people.  Hence all the OT cruft.

--Jason Van Cleve

--
In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?