[PLUG] linux server constantly rebooting

Mike Neal miken at hotsushi.com
Mon Nov 24 13:16:01 UTC 2003

>My server is constantly rebooting.  It gets to the log in screen then
>some blocks of data go across the screen then reboots.  Get uptimes of
>like 5 minutes.

Hi,

Had a box do this after a few years.  Turned out I'd selected a power
supply that was barely adequate (250W for 2 SCSI drives, 2 CDs, lots of
cards).  I pulled a hard drive and it went back to reliable operation.  Put
the drive back, bumped the power supply by a hundred watts and all is well.

Cheers,
Mike