[PLUG] Promise drive controller

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 11:32:02 UTC 2003

--- Derek Loree <drl at drloree.com> wrote:
> Did it say anything before giving up?
It couldn't install an application onto the hard
drive.

> Was it able to boot the kernel from the harddrive?
>
> How did you configure the card's BIOS?
It's plug-and-pray. I should check to see wxactly what
it did.

I'm pleased to see that this elicited some interest.
As I type this, Fedora is downloading, and I'll refer
to these questions as I attempt the installation
again. By the way, the controller is not a Fastrak
(not RAID), even though manufactured by Promise. So I
was on the wrong track (not the fastrack) in
installing the driver for that controller.

The kernel version for RH 9 is 2.4.20-8. I don't know
what Fedora's is, but if the installation proceeds far
enough, I can check it in the /boot directory.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies."--Frederick Nietzsche