[PLUG] RAID 1 suggestions

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 25 12:02:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Mike De La Mater mikedela-at-theplatinumrule.com |PDX Linux| wrote:

> How do I find out more about this? I'm interested in finding out how to
> make it easier when one drive dies. I generally have enough stress at
> that time, easier sounds better to me.

In addition to the fine STFW answer you got, I can refer you to a nice
RTFM as well:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/ch-software-raid.html

I've always set up RAID-1 at system install time.  I have not "converted"
an existing system to RAID-1 and suspect that doing so would be tricky.  I
can think of several ways to do it-- and none of them are as easy as a
fresh install.

(How's that for an experienced perspective?  ;-)

   -- Steve