[PLUG] OT:*&^%Faxes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 26 10:03:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Bill Spears wrote:

> In Oregon, is there anything that one can do about unwanted commercial
> faxes?

  Well, ... federal law makes them illegal. There's a faxspam Web site from
which I got some useful information; I was on the mail list a few days, too.
However, the major fax spam houses hide their originating phone numbers and
it takes more time than I have to track them down.

  What I'll be starting this coming weekend is getting addresses for the
companies that are advertised and go after them. Since they contracted with
the fax spammers I'm holding them responsible under the federal law. In
Oregon you can file in small claims court, too.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>