[PLUG] PC to the extreme!

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Nov 27 19:11:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> > whether or not this girl that accepts the "pervert" label has other
> > problems or not (only that she self-applies the label and isn't
> > offended).
>
> Nice of you to pass that on and tar someone's reputation when they're
> down.

What is even remotely "tarring" about that statement?

> Just because she calls herself a pervert, which she probably didn't,
> doesn't mean you agree with her on it.

She probably DIDN'T?  Michael, you're nuts.

My WHOLE POINT was that I don't like that usage of the term.

> She deserves respect even if she doesn't demand it which you have
> ignored by your statements on this list Mr. Brelin.

Huh?!?  How did I fail to respect her?

> Oh wait, your trying to convince the world of your own view aren't you
> Mr. Brelin? A world where there is no free will and human life has no
> value.

I have no idea where you got this.  I value all life.

> If she left you good for her.  Very sensible move.

Are you reading what I write or are you just making things up?  We were
acquaintances... I visited her AND HER HUSBAND at her home a few times.
We had many mutual friends.

I hate to ask this, but I must:  What kind of Christian supposes the worst
possible interpretation of every scenario and assumes everyone is lying
all the time?

Do you not have the love, forgiveness, and patience in you to listen,
understand, and respect other people, giving them the benefit of doubt?
Or are you so utterly convinced that the world is full of what you call
sin that there is no room for doubt?

That level of certainty is often a sign of illness.

I really don't think you have a view of objective reality.  I'd be happy
to sit down and talk with you about this and see if there's anything we
can do to help us find a frame of reference for communication.

> Master and slave aren't the most sensible labels for drives connected to
> an ATA/ATAPI controller though I do think it's ridiculous to go on a
> tangent against corporations over it.  Clearly, some people don't need
> much of an excuse.

Who went on a tangent against corporations?  I didn't see that subject
even approached.

I think you're now cutting your own reality from whole cloth, unless I
missed a post.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin