[PLUG] PC to the extreme!

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 27 20:47:01 UTC 2003

> I hate to ask this, but I must:  What kind of Christian supposes the worst
> possible interpretation of every scenario and assumes everyone is lying
> all the time?

Telling the world a woman called herself a pervert,
what were you thinking?  If you'll stop your forgiven.
I can't forgive someone who will just do things like
this again and again endlessly.

I've witnessed a very good woman despair in
my very own arms.  I don't tolerate any form
of degradation towards women. I hope I can do
some good by this.  The society is sick though,
sick to the core.  I've been one on one with
more than one person afflicted with this
sickness at PSU where noone seemed to be around
to protect them or me from it.

There are things that need to be flushed out of
PSU.  It has grown quickly with very poor
leadership.  The result is poor safety and an
unnecessarily high tension level for faculty
and students.

A Junior should be able to get into University
Studies classes.  The UNST courses themselves
are riddled with controversy.  Part of the
problem is PSU's computer systems, earning
a CS degree from an institution that won't
keep the computers straight is frightening.

I tried to take Middle Eastern Studies for
broadening only to find: it was funded by the
Turkish government, it made the paper for
controversial activity, and Professor Bascji
wouldn't moderate adequately.  My parents
were dead set against me taking it so I really
had a rough time when I got out because they
lost their money.  They were already worried
about me.

Reportedly, noone got financial aid this term.

I deserve an apology for the Bush bashing and
the threats my last instructor there put me
through.  I probably won't even be offered a
second chance without presenting a formal
application for reinstatement.  I'm not
interested in going through that.  I reported
or tried to report the speech teacher, but I
was dismissed without any letter or any effort
on the part of the University to find out what
was going on.  Does anyone there care?  I'm
facing 24 without a 4 year degree and a memory
of not being treated like an adult at PSU.  I
got old at PSU.  I was there from 2001 up to
fall of last year.  I am an adult even if I'm
not accomplished enough for it.

As far a the accusation I'm judgemental, you
don't tell me it's ok for a woman to call herself
a pervert.  The latter is not open to debate.
Being alone for the foreseeable future without
making any free choice to remain single is bad
enough, listening to a thread on a tech list
degrade into a woman called herself a pervert
and that's ok is more than I can bear without
protesting very fiercely.

Maybe being PC is driving towards a real need
that has been ignored for too long.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies