[PLUG] The list needs moderation...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Nov 28 22:49:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 22:40, Russ Johnson wrote:
> e.g. Vi vs Emacs.

You know... we need another usenet rule, like Godwin's Law, to match up
with vi vs emacs.  Threads never survive the vi vs emacs any more than
they survive folks slinging the word nazi at each other.

> Another point made by others is YOU need to show a little self
> restraint. Posting a reply to an off-topic thread is every bit as bad as
> the original post. You are simply perpetuating something that you are
> now claiming needs to be resolved.

Yeah, I want to second this.  I may agree with many of the rantings
here, but don't think we need 'em.  I found I was *far* more likely to
stay on topic and I think I now offend people far less often by simply
killfiling Jeme at the SMTP level.  If you're running Postfix and wish
to do the same, check the archives for how I did it.  Otherwise, send me
an email (off-list, please) and I'll help you accomplish it.

Rob