[PLUG] dvd playback sync

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmx.net
Fri Nov 28 23:32:01 UTC 2003

> Next up - what are you utilizing to play your DVDs in the software
> realm?  MPlayer?  If you aren't using mplayer, start now.  :-)
>
> If you are using MPlayer, make sure you're using 1.0pre2 or CVS.
>
> You know about using +/- to change the audio as you're watching a video,
> right?

Yeah, I'm using MPlayer 1.0pre2, and while I know about +/-, I don't
find it works. I go the wrong way the first time, and then a few
keystrokes later I'm completely lost as to where to go next.

I'm using a basic compile/install of MPlayer, and I don't know if it's
using OSS emulation or not, nor do I know how to find out. I'm also
using xv, not mga/xmga, because the mga_vid driver won't compile under
2.6.

Jeff