[PLUG] sudoers still not working

Brian Quade serendipity at pobox.com
Sat Nov 29 07:34:02 UTC 2003

I have the following extremely simple sudoers file (comments removed):

root        ALL = (ALL) ALL
admin    ALL = (ALL) ALL

admin is a login with its own private group.  I get no grammar errors
after running visudo using the -s parameter.  But when I login as admin
and try to run groupadd, I get "command not found".  I can login as root
and run groupadd just fine.  I tried rebooting the system, but that
didn't work either.  Has anyone worked with sudoers enough to know what
else I have to do to give a user full access to the system?  Shouldn't
this just be a 2-minute, one-liner change to a text file?

Eventually, I was hoping to get sudoers working well enough to figure
out how to give the mysterious nfsnobody user full access to my exported
directory.  Depending on which user creates files and directories in my
exported nfs directory, users sometimes can not see directories or files
because they are owned by a different user.  I thought sudoers would be
the place to allow all nfs users to see and execute everything in that
directory.