[PLUG] No to moderation

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sat Nov 29 14:30:02 UTC 2003

On 29 Nov 2003, Michael C. Robinson wrote:

>Why do you favor leaving as the solution?

Please go back and re-read my post, I clearly prefer self-moderation.

I suggest "leaving" soley as an option for those who cannot cope with
self-moderation.

>Leaving is a larger issue.  Oregon is my home of twenty two and a half
>years where by removing my influence, however ineffective it may be,
>I see things degrading faster.  There's a lot to leave here.  If I
>stay with Linux and try to be a programmer in this area, this is a
>major list for the region focused on my core area of interest.

There are a number of Linux/open source/free software user groups
in the Portland area. PLUG is by no means the sole forum for
programmers.

If one hopes to reap positive rewards from their influence within
the PLUG community, it would yeild the best results if such
actions did not irritate the PLUG community. Think about it.

Rather than asking you, once again, to let this thread drop, I
will ask that you unplug your computer for a day, go to the park
or somewhere nice and quiet, and reflect on this: PLUG is a public,
archived forum. Think about it.

>I'm not crazy, there are enough bridges in Portland I could have
>jumped off of one a long time ago if I was.  Unfortunately, the
>great and noble plug list would probably celebrate if I did even
>though it's the stupidest thing I could ever consider doing.

"Great and noble"?  PLUG is a chaotic bizarre, not a noble cathedral.

-Eric