[PLUG] Re: No to moderation

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sat Nov 29 21:35:03 UTC 2003

> Having said that Mr Robinson needs to realize that the overall opinion
> seems to be massively against him on this issue, and he needs to drop it.
> He favors kill files, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that he appears
> in quite a few at this point.

I don't favor kill files.  I favor a community approach instead of
a plug that is the seedy armpit of the world.  Maybe there
is a reason this isn't viewed as an official Linux user group
where pdxlug.org is with it's anyone can be kicked off policy.
If anyone gets away with posting a set of opinions out in full
onto plug that I don't agree with it, but noone else gets a good
counter piece out there, that lends itself to trolling on my
part for lack of a better choice than do nothing about this
bias.

There might have been a time when a man wouldn't be
brutally attacked for saying that's not my opinion and
I want you to know it.  Or he might get killed, but at
least if he truly believed he was right that merits some
admiration of his courage.  Being democratic isn't always
helpful when it comes to people communicating affectively
with one another.  Destroy trust and miss common ground,
it's all over.  The greek war tragedies during some of
their democracy experiments come to mind too.  It easier
to defeat an army if the leaders of it can't decide what
to do.

I do believe in setting a good example where I ask for
consideration about the example that is set by what
slips onto plug regardless of what people kill file
or not.  If someone from outside receives the plug
list without filtering it, what does that person get?
Is is something to be proud to be associated with,
or is it something where you where you wish your
email address that shows up in your posts couldn't
be traced to you?

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies